Quality is crafted into Megger 212559 MJ559 Major Megger Line/Battery Powered Insulation Resistance Tester, with excellent test voltage regulation, direct measurement readout and an external guard terminal to eliminate surface leakage current from the measurement. It is portable, self-contained instrument designed to give rapid and accurate measurements.
Megger 212559 MJ559 Major Megger Line/Battery Powered Insulation Resistance Tester features an analog display having four selectable test voltages of 100, 250, 500 and 1000 VDC, measuring insulation resistance up to 2000 MΩ,and an ohm range to 5000≈. Model MJ559 is 120 Vac 50/60 Hz or internal rechargeable batteries
As a safety feature, the ac voltage range becomes effective as soon as the instrument is connected to the circuit under test. Therefore, a warning is given that the circuit under test is not de-energized before the instrument is operated. Though calibrated for ac voltage, this range also monitors the automatic discharge feature so that after equipment having capacitance (i.e. a cable), has been tested, an indication can be given that the voltage has discharged to a level that is safe for removing the test leads.
Megger 212559 has a guard terminal which may be used to prevent the effects of surface leakage from influencing the readings. This is achieved by diverting the leakage current through the guard terminal and away from the instrument’s measuring circuit.
Major MEGGER Insulation Testers
Insulation Testers, 212159, 212359, 212459, 212559
- No scale multipliers
- Multiple test voltages for spot and step voltage testing
- Guard terminal to eliminate surface leakage current
- Dual operation 120 V 50/60 Hz mains (line) supply and rechargeable battery. Six NiMh 1800 mAh cells
- Available in alternate configurations:
- 212159 – Low voltage brushless a.c. generator. Cranking speed between 130 rpm and 170 rpm
- 212359 – Dual operation low voltage brushless a.c. generator or 120 V 50/60 Hz mains (line) supply
- 212459 – Six IEC LR6 cells (AA) Battery life: not less than 1300 insulation or Resistance range tests
The MJ459 and MJ159 replace the BM12 and MJ10, respectively.
Four models are available for general purpose testing which include a low-voltage model.
All are portable, self-contained instruments designed to give rapid and accurate measurements.
Four of the models feature an analog display having four selectable test voltages of 100, 250, 500 and 1000 V dc, measuring insulation resistance up to 2000 M-Ohms, and an ohm range to 5000 ohms. The other model has four test voltages of 50, 100, 250 and 500 V dc measuring insulation resistance up to 1000 M-Ohms.