Detects holidays, pinholes and other discontinuities using pulse DC
The PosiTest HHD High voltage Holiday Detector uses pulse DC technology, offering a user-adjustable voltage range from 0.5 to 35kV for detecting holidays, pinholes and other discontinuities in coatings up to 20 mm (780 mils) thick.
The versatile PosiTest HHD is ideal for use with a wide range of rolling spring and flat wire brush electrodes – custom sizes are available upon request. Alternatively, use existing electrodes with industry-standard adaptors.
Conforms to ASTM D4787/D5162/G62, ISO 29601, NACE SP0188/SP0274/SP0490, AS3894.1
- Easy-to-use with bright, multicolor LCD
- Ready to measure — comes with everything needed for testing
- Audibly and visibly alerts when flaws/holidays are detected
- Lightweight, ergonomic design provides comfortable all-day use, reducing fatigue
- Voltage calculator feature — choose one of 11 international standards, and input the coating thickness to automatically calculate the required test voltage
- A wide range of rolling spring electrodes and wire brushes are available. Custom sizes available upon request.
- Optional handheld wand accessory coverts the detector into a wand configuration ideal for testing hard-to-reach areas (suitable for voltages < 15 kV)
- Industry-standard connectors and adaptors for compatibility with nearly all existing electrodes
- User adjustable voltage range from 0.5 – 35 kV
- Rugged, environmentally sealed ABS plastic enclosure
- Weatherproof, dustproof and shockproof
- Included Pelican Storm case with custom foam inserts for superior protection
- Two year warranty
- Strobe light and loud audible alarms emitted when a holiday is detected. Audio alarm mode can be adjusted for differing environments.
- Removable Smart lithium-ion battery provides power for up to 40 hours of continuous measurement
- Press and hold Safety Trigger helps prevent accidental high voltage generation
- 7.6 m (25′) ground (earth) cable with locking connector and spring clamp
- Shock proof/creep proof — internally sealed to minimize creep distance to high voltage components. Designed in accordance with IEC 61010-1.
- Built-in certified voltmeter (crest meter, jeep meter) displays and regulates the voltage at the electrode
- Long Form Certificate of Calibration included with each instrument
- Conforms to national and international standards including ISO, ASTM and NACE
PosiTest HHD Kit Includes:
- PosiTest HHD
- 7.6 m (25′) ground (earth) cable with ground clip
- Li-ion battery pack with built-in charge state indicator
- Smart charger with universal AC voltage input
- Stainless steel fan brush
- 50 cm (20″) extension rod with thumb screw
- Shoulder strap
- Instruction Manual
- Durable Pelican Storm case
- Long Form Certificate of Calibration traceable to NIST
- Two year warranty