TheInfrared Thermometer Model CA879 is a non-contact temperature measuringinstrument. It provides precision measurement with its laser target feature.
To measure the temperature of an object, simply point the gun at the surface ofthe object, pull the trigger and the temperature will appear on the digitaldisplay. The thermometer has an automatic shut-off feature. Shut-off will occurapproximately 10 seconds after the trigger is released.
All objects whose temperature is higher than absolute zero (-273.15°K) emit infrared energy. This energy radiates in all directions at the speed oflight. When the gun is pointed at an object, the probes lens senses thisenergy and focuses it onto an infrared detector comprised of a thermocouplestack. The detector produces a voltage signal proportional to the amount ofenergy received, and therefore proportional to the objects temperature.
Certain objects emit infrared energy, but also reflect it. Unlike matt surfaces,shiny or highly-polished surfaces tend to reflect energy. This reflection isrepresented by a factor called emissivity, which may vary from 0.1 for a highlyreflective object to 1 for a black object. In the case of the InfraredThermometer Model CA879, the emissivity is preset at 0.95, the most frequentvalue, enabling approximately 90% of all applications to be covered.
- Easy one-hand operation
- Non-contact infrared sensor
- Laser guide for precise aim
- Measures temperature in °F and °C
- Fixed 0.95 emissivity
- Auto-HOLD function
- 2000-count backlit LCD
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Food safety and processing
- Automotive repair and maintenance
- Marine maintenance and repairs
- Test faulty motor winding insulation
- Test overheated high voltage transformers
- Test terminals on circuit breaker panels
- Perform HVAC energy audits
Cat.# 2121.37 Model CA879