The Megger MTR105 1 kV Rotating Machine Tester is a dedicated Static Motor Tester equipped with Megger’s tried and trusted suite of insulation resistance tests (IR), plus all the excellent traditional features and reliability of Megger’s testers.
The MTR105 takes the test abilities of Megger’s proven IR test instruments adding DLRO four wire Kelvin low resistance test, inductance and capacitance tests to provide a versatile motor tester, all packaged in a robust hand held instrument, which up to now has simply not been available.
Additionally, the MTR105 incorporates temperature measurement and compensation (for IR tests), motor direction of rotation plus supply phase rotation tests.
These new test abilities make the MTR105 a real world, versatile, hand held motor test instrument.
The MTR105 comes in an over-molded case, providing increased protection and robustness, achieving an IP54 weatherproof rating.
INSULATION RESISTANCE TESTS
- Resistance range 100 Ω up to 200 GΩ.
- Supports PI, DAR, Timed and Temperature Compensation.
- Stabilized insulation test voltage accurate to -0% +2% ±2 V, which provides a more accurate test voltage without the risk of over-voltage damage to circuits or components. The output voltage is maintained between 0 and 2% throughout the test range.
- Where a nonstandard test voltage is required, a variable range allows the exact test voltage to be selected from 10 V up to 999 V and is subject to the same Stabilized output control.
- Dedicated buzzer button either ON, VISUAL or OFF.
- Adjustable buzzer for minimum resistance limit (0.5 MΩ up to 1000 MΩ).
- Buzzer sounds on test pass.
- Measures ac 10 mV up to 1000 V; dc 0 to 1000 V; TRMS (15 Hz up to 400 Hz).
- Three phase supply and direction of rotation.
CONTINUITY (RESISTANCE) TESTS
- Single automatic resistance range from 0.01 Ω to 1.0 MΩ.
- Automatic test current selection uses the preferred test current for the load resistance under test (200 mA up to 4 Ω). Bi-directional tests option automatically reverses the current without reconnecting leads.
- Lead resistance compensation (NULL) operates up to 10 Ω of resistance.
- Dedicated buzzer switch either ON, VISUAL or OFF.
- Adjustable buzzer for maximum resistance limit (1 Ω to 200 Ω in 12 steps).
- Buzzer sounds on test pass.
DLRO FOUR WIRE KELVIN LOW RESISTANCE
- Automatic resistance range from 1 mΩ up to 10 Ω.
- Selectable auto or manual test.
- Bi-direction or single direction.
- Bi-directional tests option automatically reverses the current without reconnecting leads.
- 200 mA test current.
MOTOR DIRECTION OF TEST
Tests the direction of rotation of the motor under test and displays the phase sequence on screen.The connected motor is rotated in one direction and the display shows sequence of the phases of rotation. The motor is next rotated in the opposite direction, the phases are checked again and shown on the display.
INDUCTANCE, CAPACITANCE AND RESISTANCE METER (LCR)
Auto inductive, capacitive and resistive test. Frequency selectable to 120 Hz or 1000 Hz. In AUTO mode, the MTR105 automatically determines if the main element of the load is inductive, capacitive or resistive and displays the result on screen. Selectable inductance and capacitance test.
Temperature measurement of unit under test, via the supplied thermocouple, allows temperature compensation to be applied in insulation resistance tests.DISPLAYFull color graphic display makes the MTR105 simple to understand and easy to use.
The Guard Terminal (G) is a third terminal on the connection panel. Connection of the guard terminal, on certain applications, provides a return path for parallel leakage currents, which could otherwise create significant errors in the insulation measurement. This is especially so for surface contamination of equipment or cables.
STORAGE AND DOWNLOAD OF RESULTS
Test results can be downloaded to a USB mass storage device , which can be accessed by connecting to a PC or a Laptop running PowerDB.
- 1 – MTR105 Rotating Machine Tester (1010-361)
- 1 – Hook Strap Assembly
- 1 – Soft Pouch
- 1 – Temperature Probe, T type, CAT III 600 V
- 1 – IR Lead Set, includes:
- 3 – Grabber Clips (Red, Black & Blue), CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V
- 3 – 4 mm Test leads (Red, Black & Blue), 2 m long, 1 end Right Angle & 1 end Straight, CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V
- 3 – Test Probes (Red, Black & Blue), Long Reach (100 mm), CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V
- 1 – Kelvin Clip Lead Set CAT III 600 V, includes:
- 2 – Kelvin Clip Leads, 2 m, 4 mm Right Angled Connectors (4), Single (2-core) Cable
- 1 – MTR105 Calibration Certificate
- 1 – USB Memory Stick