The Megger MIT330 insulation testers feature the popular Megger digital/analog display. Large 20mm high characters provide very clear readout, combined with an analog arc for the feel of an analog instrument with a true analog response.
Designed to take the bashing that testers receive on site, the Megger MIT insulation testers are rubber armoured. The rigid display cover folds right out of the way during testing and locks down to protect the display when it is finished. No buried functions mean it is obvious how to use the Megger MIT310/MIT310A.
Color coded ranges help test selection, reducing testing time, and help with fault location. A user guide in the lid provides all the basic information. It hangs comfortably around the neck for hands-free use because the instrument is carefully balanced. Continuity and buzzer testing starts automatically on connection to the circuit. Both the display and the range selected can be read in the dark because the MIT320 and MIT330 have backlit displays and range selections.
To protect the user and the tester from incorrect use the MIT series all have an extensive range of features known as the Megger Intelligent Safety System.
Combining Safety with Durability:
- Designed to take the bashing that testers receive on site,the Megger MIT insulation testers are rubber armored.
- The rigid display cover folds right out of the way during testing and locks down to protect the display when it is finished.
Simple to use
- No buried functions mean it is obvious how to use the Megger MIT.
- Color coded ranges help test selection, reducing testing time and help with fault location.
- A user guide in the lid provides all the basic information.
Hands free use
- It hangs comfortably around the neck for hands-free use because the instrument is carefully balanced.
- Continuity and buzzer testing starts automatically on connection to the circuit.
Safety features To protect the user and the tester from incorrect use the MIT series all have an extensive range of features known as the Megger Intelligent Safety System including:
- Safety Interlock – prevents unsafe connection of test leads
- Safe contact detectors – Even if the MIT is connected to alive circuit hilst on continuity setting the tester will remain safe and not be damaged.
- Live voltage warning – alerts the operator when a circuit voltage over 2 5 V exists.
- Safety lockout – Prevents the test from operating when the circuit voltage is >50 V.
- Continuity check – prevents a continuity test or buzzer test on a live circuit.
- A Job reference number can be selected for a range of results, allowing separate locations to be tested with the same tester and easily separated when downloaded.
- A memory bar graph acts as a ‘Fuel Gauge’ showing how much memory has been used
- Test results are downloaded to CSV (Coma Separated Variable) spreadsheets, and can be imported into Microsoft Excel. If certificates or reports are required, the results can be downloaded directly into Megger Powersuite Professional with a range of features for creating professionally finished documentation.
- The MIT300 series has applications in all aspects of domestic, commercial and industrial electrical contracting, building maintenance, testing, inspection and servicing.
- Combining both Insulation testing and continuity testing, each instrument caters for all aspects of fixed wiring installations.
- Further applications can be found in panel building, testing of motors, generators, switchgear and power tools, street lighting and low volume manufacturing environments etc.
- All the MIT instruments meet or exceed the UK and International Wiring Regulations, including requirements of BS7671 and VDE 0413 parts 1 and 4, HD 384, IEC 364, NFC15-100, N N3140, ES59009 and EN 61557.
- In addition the range meets the requirements of IEC 61010- 1 for safe connection to a 440 V Installation Category III supply (600 V Phase to Earth).
- All the MIT300 range is supplied with a full 3 years warranty.
- Operates on 250 V, 500 V, and 1000 V test ranges with measuring range up to 999 Megaohms
- Measures resistance from 10 ohms to 1 Megaohm
- Tests continuity to 100 ohms
- Continuity buzzer adjustable from 1 to 20 ohms
- Selectable AC or DC voltmeter measures up to 600 V
- Provides clear readout on digital display with large characters and analog arc
- Saves up to 1000 test results to internal memory
- USB interface allows data to be downloaded to PC
- Tough, rubber-armored casing and self-contained protective cover
- Extremely easy to use with color-coded ranges to help test selection
- Continuity and buzzer testing automatically start on connection to circuit
- Safety interlock prevents unsafe connection of test leads
- Continuity check prevents continuity or buzzer testing on live circuits
- Safety lockout inhibits testing on circuits over 50 V
- Backlit display allows for operation in dark settings
- Supplied with switch probe for activating insulation tests
- Automatic power-off function
- Weatherproof to IP54