The Megger BD-59090 MOM2 Micro-Ohmmeter is a lightweight, handheld unit that can deliver up to 240 Amps. It is ideal for contact resistance measurements of low-, medium- and high-voltage breakers and also at bus-bar joints, and other high current links. The MOM2 test system is designed with safety, ease of use and versatility in mind.
The MOM2 can be used anywhere to measure a low resistance value with high accuracy. With the MOM2, it is possible to make measurements according to the DualGround method. This means that the test object will be grounded on both sides throughout the test giving a safer, faster and easier workflow.
Its ruggedness and light weight make the MOM2 very suitable for field work, such as in substations. The unit comes with a strong rubber holster accessory which makes it extra durable. The MOM2 is capable of testing for a full day without recharge. It can store 190 test values and transfer test data to a PC via Bluetooth.
High Current Generation Using Ultra Capacitor
The MOM2 uses an ultra capacitor to generate the high-output current. Ultra capacitors are able to store huge amounts of energy compared to conventional capacitors. In addition, they can deliver very high currents during discharge as a result of their very low internal resistance.
While testing, the capacitor is discharged through the test object. The voltage drop across and the current flow through the test object are continuously and synchronously sampled. The resistances calculated from the individual samples are then averaged to obtain the final value.
- Delivers up to 240 A to measure resistance of high-current links
- DualGround technology ensures grounding of test object for safe workflow
- Auto range from 1 microohm to 1000 milliohms
- Ultra capacitor technology allows for high current generation
- Stores up to 190 test results and transfers test data to PC via Bluetooth
- Supplied with Kelvin probes for carrying out 4-wire Kelvin test
- Handheld and portable, weighing only 2.2 lbs (1 kg)
- Battery powered and rechargeable
- Complies with IEEE and IEC standards