Global Water’s RG600 Tipping Bucket is a durable weather instrument for monitoring rain rate and total rainfall. With minimal care, the tipping bucket will provide many years of services. All Global Water tipping buckets were designed by the National Weather Service to provide a low-investment, reliable, industrial, tipping bucket rain gauge. Its simple design assures trouble-free operation, yet provides accurate rainfall measurements. The tipping bucket has an 8 inch (20.3 cm); orifice and is shipped complete with mounting brackets and 25 ft (7.6 m) of two-conductor cable. The tipping bucket sensor mechanism activates a sealed reed switch that produces a contact closure for each 0.01″ or 0.2 mm of rainfall. The tipping bucket rain gauge can be pole mounted or bolted to a level plate.
Global Water’s GL500 Tipping Bucket Data Logger adds recording capabilities to the RG600 Tipping Bucket. The datalogger connects to the tipping bucket’s pulse output to record data. In addition, Global Water offers the RG700 4-20mA Output Tipping Bucket Converter Module to convert the tipping bucket’s pulse output to a current output for use with recording systems that receive 4-20mA signals.
- Capacity: Unlimited
- Resolution: 0.01 inches or 0.2mm
- Accuracy: 1.0% up to 2″/hour (50mm/hr)
- Average Switch Closure Time: 135 ms
- Maximum Bounce Settling Time: 0.75 ms
- Maximum Switch Rating: 30 VDC @ 0.2A
- Operating Temperature: 32° to +123.8°F (0° to +51°C)
- Cable: 25 ft (7.6 m), 2 conductor
- Dimensions: 10-1/8×8 inch (26×20 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 8 lbs. (3.6 kg)