The Informant 2
Bacharach Deluxe dual refrigerant/combustible gas Informant 2 detector kit with refrigerant and combustible gas sensorsrs and a hard carrying case.
- Additional Information
The Informant 2 leak detector allows pinpoint detection of either refrigerant or combustible gas leaks with the same instrument.
Its unique combination of state-of-the-art patented sensor technology, advanced software design and microprocessor controlled circuitry offers you unmatched precision coupled with tremendous speed. It is unquestionably the fastest, most sensitive, most reliable, most accurate leak detector on the market today.
Swap sensor tips within seconds and never worry about adjusting sensitivity levels–it’s taken care of automatically–even where high levels of background vapors or refrigerants are present. The refrigerant sensor tip is finely tapered to 0.2 inch diameter, so you can get in between coils and fittings, gaining access to hard to reach areas.
The Informant 2 leak detector features an audible indicator with a mute option coupled with sequential LEDs to monitor increasing concentrations of refrigerant or combustible gases.
Features and Benefits:
- One instrument—two functions
- Lightweight and ergonomically designed
- Swap sensor tips in seconds
- Microprocessor controlled for accuracy and reliability
- Sensitivity is automatically adjusted
- Sensors are the industry’s most responsive
- Hydrophobic filter prevents moisture contamination
- Optional rubber boot holds flashlight
- Sequential flashing probe tip, dual LED displays and loud tick rate indicates relative concentration levels
- Detects all halogens and all combustibles
- Response time is two-tenths of a second
- Probe length adjustable from 3" to 20"
- Sensing Elements:
Refrigerant - Heated Diode, U.S. Patent No. 5,932,176
Combustibles - Patented semiconductor type, 5 year typical life, plug-in replacement
- Refrigerants Detected - All CFC, HCFC and HFC refrigerants including: R-12, R-22, R-123, R-134a and blends R-404A, R-408A, R-409A and R-410A (i.e., any refrigerant containing Chlorine, Fluorine or Bromine gas)
- Combustible Gases Detected - All combustible gases and vapors
- Alarm Sensitivity:
Refrigerant - 0.25 oz/year of R134a (hardest to detect refrigerant)
Combustibles - Minimum 50 PPM (Methane)
- Alarm Types - Audible and dual visual LEDs
- Power Source - Four AA disposable alkaline batteries included
- Warm-up Time - 10 seconds
- Response Time: 0.2 second
- Battery Life: 4 to 5 hours, under typical intermittent operation.
- Probe: 20" (50.8 cm) maximum length, fully extended; 3" (7.62 cm) if wrapped around instrument. Includes LED indicator
- Size: 1.75"W (4.44cm) x 9.62"L (24.43cm) x 2.25"H (5.72 cm)
- Weight: 0.86 lbs. (0.39 kg) with batteries
- Agency Approvals:
Refrigerant UL listed in accordance with SAE J1627
Combustible MET Lab certified to UL 913, intrinsically safe for use in Class I, Division 1, Group D hazardous areas.