Five user-selected operating modes are included:
Coating On: Measures wall thickness using Pulse-Echo. It separately displays wall & coating thickness.
Coating Off: Measures wall thickness using Pulse-Echo. It displays wall thickness only.
Temperature Compensated: Measures wall thickness using Pulse-Echo and automatically adjusts calibration to compensate for changes in material temperature.
Thru-Coat: Measures wall thickness only using Echo-Echo. (coating is NOT included)
Coating Only Mode (CT): (Coating Thickness) Measures from 0.0005 to 0.100 inches (0.013 to 2.540 mm). Range will vary slightly depending on the coating.
New Features in Version 2.0
- High speed scan 200Hz
- TDG (Time Dependent Gain)
- Improved linearity tables (in all measurement modes)
- 110dB gain range
- Setups can be backed up or restored using USB connection
- Screen update rate (25Hz)
- PRF (pulse repetition frequency 250Hz)
- Line power available using USB-C to PC or standard power adapter
- Includes NIST-Traceable Calibration Certificate
- Auto probe recognition with Auto Zero or Manual Zero.
- Wide variety of dual-element probes can be used for nearly any application.
- Bar graph with user-set start end values providing highest resolution around the target thickness value.
- Differential Mode allows user to set a “target thickness value” and display will show the DIFFERENCE between actual and target thickness as a plus or minus value.
- TI-CMX-H for surface temps up to 300°F/150°C. Optional hi-temp probes for higher surface temperatures offered
- Adjustable Gain in 5 steps (VLow, Low, Med, Hi & VHi) in 2db increments providing a 8 db gain adjust range (42–50 db).
- 64 custom setups can be stored and retrieved for convenient use and labeled for easy identification
- Display Hi/Lo Alarm Limits with audible and visual indicators.
- 2 Year Warranty for Gauge (90 days for probe)
- Metal housing provides strong protection against harsh environments.
- Measures Coatings up to 0.100″
- IP 65 Rated
- CE Certified
|Minimum Radius for Convex Surfaces||0.350″ (8.89 mm)|
|Minimum Radius for Concave Surfaces||3″ (76.2 mm)|
|Minimum Headroom||1″ (25.0 mm)|
|Minimum Sample Diameter||0.150″ (3.8 mm)|
|Minimum Substrate Thickness – F||NA|
|Minimum Substrate Thickness – NFe||NA|
|Range in Steel:||Pulse-Echo Mode: Pit and Flaw detection measures from 0.025 – 9.999inches (0.63 to 254 millimeters)|
Echo-Echo Mode: Thru Paint & coatings measures from 0.100 – 4.000 inches (2.54 to 102 mm). Range will vary depending on the thickness
|Range in Coating Only Mode||0.0005″ – 0.1000″ / Resolution: 0.0001″|
(0.013 – 2.540 mm / Resolution: 0.001 mm)
|Max Coating||0.100″ (2.54mm)|
|Resolution:||.001 inches (0.01mm)|
|Velocity Range:||.0492 to .3936 in./ms|
1250 to 9999 meters/sec
|Units:||Inch or mm|
|Measurement Modes:||– Pulse-Echo (corrosion mode)|
– Pulse-Echo Coating (Corrosion w/o coating)
– Echo-Echo (thru-paint)
– Temp Comp (auto adjust for material temp)
– Coating Only (Ultrasonic Coating Gauge)
|Transducer Types:||Dual Element (1 to 10 MHz).|
|Output||RS-232 for upload/download of setups|
|Memory capacity:||TI-CMX: None|
TI-CMXDL: over 200,000 measurements
|Power Source:||Three 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells|
|Battery Life:||Typically operates for 150 hours on alkaline and 100 hours on NiCad|
|Auto Power off:||After 5 minutes of non-use|
|Display:||1/8 in. VGA grayscale display 62 x 45.7mm|
|Keyboard:||Membrane switch with twelve tactile keys|
|Case:||Extruded aluminum body with nickel-plated aluminum end caps (gasket sealed).|
|Temp. Limits||Ambient: -20 to 120° F (-30 to 50° C)|
Material: -0 to 200° F (-20 to 100° C)
Special high temperature model TI-CMX-H is available for 300°F/150°C and optional probes are offered for higher surface temperatures
|Weight, net:||383 grams|
|Dimensions:||63.5 W x 165 H x 31.5 D mm|
|Warranty:||2 Year Warranty for Gauge (90 days for probe)|
|Certification:||CE Approved, Factory calibration traceable to national standards|