Ground Resistance Tester Model 4620 Kit-300ft (Model 4620 & Cat. #2135.36) Specifications (PDF)
The Digital Ground Resistance Tester Model 4620 performs ground resistance and soil resistivity tests. This direct reading testers measures from 0 to 2000O, and is auto-ranging, so it automatically seeks outs the optimum measurement range. The Model 4620 is rugged, easy-to-use and is ideal for maintenance crews performing numerous tests. It exceeds mechanical and safety specifications for shock, vibration and drop tests called out in IEC standards. It is designed to reject high levels of interference, so it can be used under difficult conditions such as high stray currents that normally affect accuracy.
Features Measures soil resistivity (4-Point) method
● Measures ground resistance (2- and 3-Point) Fall-of-Potential method
● Step voltage tests and touch potential measurements
● Auto-Ranging: automatically selects the optimum range
● Designed to reject high levels of noise interference
● Extremely simple to operate: connect – press – read
● LED on faceplate informs operator of high input noise, high auxiliary rod resistance and fault connections
● Battery powered
● Rugged, dustproof and rainproof field case
● Can also be used for continuity tests on bonding
● Color-coded terminals
●Three-Point measurements of resistance to ground of ground rods and grids. Three-Point measurements are generally used when the electrode or grid can be easily disconnected, if corrosion is suspected, or in circumstances where ground faults are unlikely to occur
● Four-Point tests or soil resistivity measurements. Locating areas of lowest soil resistivity is essential for achieving an economical grounding installation
● Touch potential measurements, an alternative to 3-Point tests in evaluating electrical safety. This test is recommended when the ground cannot be disconnected, where ground faults are highly likely to occur, or when the “footprint” of grounded equipment is comparable to the size of the ground to be tested.