Increase productivity on the job site with precise and accurate locating The Amprobe UAT-505 Underground Utility Locator Kit is the rugged, economical solution for locating underground energized and de-energized wires, cables and pipes. The Transmitter
utilizes the proven 33 kHz frequency, which is ideal for most locating applications. With the Receiver, trace the signal in Induction or Direct Test Leads Connection Modes. The Receiver features fast sound and meter response and easy depth measurements to 20 feet at the push of a button, as well as highly sensitive Power and Radio Modes which detect energized wires.
- Wastewater engineers
- Construction contractors
- Field engineers
- Civil engineers
- Government inspectors
- 811 state surveyors
- Amprobe UAT-600
- Armada Pro871C
- Greenlee 501
- Schonstedt CL300
- RJM Precision RD8100 (PTLG-Locator)
- Subsurface PL-960 AC
- RIDGID SR-24 Receiver/ST-305 Transmitter
- Power Mode locates energized wires with a 50/60 Hz frequency. The Receiver alone detects the electromagnetic fields emitted by buried energized lines conducting currents.
- Radio Mode uses the Receiver to detect radio waves coming from cellular towers, radio stations, etc. that are picked up and carried by underground metal objects, such as cables or pipes.
Receiver + Transmitter
- Induction Mode uses the Transmitter to wirelessly induce a signal into a buried pipe, cable, or wire. The Receiver then detects the signal carried by the buried utility.
- In Direct Test Leads Connection Mode, the Transmitter is connected to the buried deenergized cables or utilities with test leads (provided there is an available access point to the utility). The Transmitter then sends a signal across the wire or pipe.
- f it is not possible to gain access to a cable for making an electrical contact or it is not safe to do so, the optional Signal Clamp provides an efficient and safe method of applying a locate signal to a cable.
- The UAT-505 can also trace non-metallic pipes in Induction or Direct Test Leads Connection Modes. Some of these pipes have embedded metal trace that will conduct signal for tracing. For pipes without embedded metal, use a conductive tracing tape.
Limited Warranty and Limitation of Liability
Your Amprobe product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for one year from the date of purchase unless local laws require otherwise. This warranty does not cover fuses, disposable batteries or damage from accident, neglect, misuse, alteration, contamination, or abnormal conditions of operation or handling. Resellers are not authorized to extend any other warranty on the behalf of Amprobe. To obtain service during the warranty period, return the product with proof of purchase to an authorized Amprobe Service Center or to an Amprobe dealer or distributor. See Repair Section for details. THIS WARRANTY IS YOUR ONLY REMEDY. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES – WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY – INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR MERCHANTABILITY, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. MANUFACTURER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE OR THEORY. Since some states or countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation
of an implied warranty or of incidental or consequential damages, this limitation of liability may not apply to you.