Take Your Measurements to the Next Level
The HI 96801 Digital Refractometer is a rugged
portable, water resistant device that benefits from HANNA’s years of
experience as a manufacturer of analytical instruments. The HI 96801 is an
optical instrument that employs the measurement of refractive index to display
the sugar content in samples. The measurement of refractive index is simple
and quick. Samples are measured after a simple user calibration with deionized
or distilled water. Within seconds the instrument measures the refractive
index of the sample and converts it to % Brix concentration units. The HI
96801 digital refractometer eliminates the uncertainty associated with
mechanical refractometers and is portable for measurements in the field.
The measurement technique and temperature
compensation employ the methodology in the ICUMSA Methods Book (International
Commission for Uniform Methods of Sugar Analysis).
Temperature (in °C or °F) is displayed
simultaneously with measurement on the large, dual level display along with
other helpful message codes.
• Wide Range The HI 96801 is versatile enough
to fit most applications.
• Easy Measurement Place a few drops of the sample in the well and press the
• Calibrate with Water Fill the sample well with distilled or deionized
water and press the ZERO key.
• Automatic temperature Compensation (ATC)
• Battery Operated The HI 96801 is operated by a single 9V battery for
• Dual-level LCD The dual-level LCD displays the measurement as well as
temperature readings simultaneously.
• Waterproof The HI 96801 offers IP65 waterproof protection.
• Quick, Precise Results Readings are displayed in approximately 1.5
• Small Sample Size The HI 96801 is able to read samples as small as 2
HI 96801 is supplied with (1) 9V battery and instructions.