The Megger 210170 Analog Extended Range Insulation Tester is the ideal instrument when high ranges are needed for measuring insulation resistance. It provides excellent test voltage regulation and an external guard terminal to eliminate surface leakage current from the measurement. The instrument is electronic and generates a regulated DC high voltage and uses low-zero-drift, high-accuracy circuits, with high current sensitivity. Designed for portability, the 210170 is enclosed in a molded, impact-resistance, flame-retardant case.
The 210170 Insulation Tester is protected for connection to power distribution systems up to 300 V Line-Ground and 500 V Line-Line for Installation Category III. This relates to transient overvoltage likely to be found in fixed installation wiring.
The 210170 provides high-resistance readings up to 20,000 megaohms. It features an analog meter movement calibrated directly in megaohms, ohms and ac volts. Test voltages of 100, 250, 500 and 1000 volts DC are selected by a rotary switch. Insulation resistance measurements up to 20 gigaohms can be made on all voltage ranges.
The 210170 is also equipped with a 0- to 5000-ohm continuity range and a 0- to 600-volt AC or presence of DC voltage measuring range. Power is supplied by an AC generator, driven by a hand crank, through a gear train.
- Offers multiple test voltages for spot and step-voltage tests
- Guard terminal eliminates surface leakage current from measurements
- Provides high-resistance readings up to 20,000 megaohms
- Equipped with continuity range of 0 to 5000 ohm
- Power supplied by hand-crank AC generator
- Large, easy-to-read scale
- Enclosed in a rugged, impact-resistant case